Hey, history buffs! The Cambodia TEFL Program is calling your name.
Yes, Cambodia has the luxury of a tropical climate, a chaotic yet sophisticated urban scene, countrysides dotted with immaculate temples and beaches to satisfy any seascape desire…but the real beauty of the country is its people. They’re hearty and welcoming, and some of the most interesting, resilient, badasses you’ll ever meet because they’ve survived a not-so-long-ago grueling history that will make anybody with a heart want to pull up a chair and hear their stories of loss and survival. But history behind us, they’re looking forward with newfound perspective and gratitude. And it’s a path that you can help shape, by teaching English in Cambodia.
Quick and simple certification
Learn everything you need to know to start teaching English abroad in just four weeks. Even if you have zero experience.
Receive super personalized attention with a limited number of trainees per class.
Be taught by friendly and experienced trainers who will support you all the way through your teaching career.
Teach actual students during your required student teaching to ensure you are well prepared for your first classes as a TEFL teacher in Cambodia.
The world is your classroom
Gain international recognition when you earn your TEFL certification in Cambodia. Certification is accepted everywhere from Cambodia and Vietnam, to Guatemala, Spain and beyond!
Start teaching immediately after graduation in a school in Cambodia with job placement support.
Get all the help you need to get your visa and work permit so you can stay and work for as long as you want.
Explore like a tourist & live like a local
Be based in a Phnom Penh, the capital of Cambodia, where the rest of Southeast Asia is at your doorstep.
Dive into your new country with a free city tour and welcome party.
This program includes:
- 150-hour TEFL certification training in just four weeks including at least 20 hours of teaching practice
- Job placement in Cambodia or Vietnam
- Personalized pre-departure and post arrival support
- Complimentary accommodation for 26 nights
- Highly qualified, experienced instructors
- An internationally recognized certificate approved and verified by the Australian government (AQF)
- Welcome dinner & drinks & free city tour
- Help setting up a local bank account
- Visa, work permit and housing guidance
- All course books & materials
- On the ground support staff 24/7
- Help obtaining health/travel insurance
- Add on options available: airport pickup, motorbike hire, laptop hire, Khmer language lessons, extra accommodation arrangements
- An experience that changes lives and lasts forever
We’ve partnered with our friends at AVSE to offer the highest quality TEFL course in Cambodia. You get all of the inclusions for only $1,798 USD ($524 deposit; $1,274 due 30 days prior to starting the course)
Tuition must be paid in full prior to starting the Cambodia TEFL course
BUT THERE’S MORE!
When you register through globalU, you get the following bonuses:
- Personal pre-departure support from someone who’s stood in your shoes
- A list of 72 schools (and counting) who want to hire you to teach English online for extra moolah no matter where you go
- A packing list tailored to your specific teach abroad program
- Access to two alumni communities (globalU and AVSE) who are teaching all over the world to reach out to for tips and advice abroad
- Weekly updates on TEFL jobs around the world
- Check out our reviews to how we’ve helped others live their dreams
Ready to teach English in Cambodia? Choose a start date and apply today.
- July 25 – August 19
- August 22 – September 16
- September 19 – October 14
- October 17 – November 11
- November 14 – December 9
- December 12 – January 6 (2021)
**Courses are limited to 12 enrollees each month
Frequently Asked Questions
What will my schedule be like during the TEFL course in Cambodia?
Expect a busy schedule Monday – Friday, with class sessions from 8:30am – 3:00pm most days, and 2-3 hours of homework in the evenings. The final week will be reserved for your practicum (at least 20 hours of observation and teaching practice). However, your weekends are free to explore on your own.
Do I need to speak Khmer to teach English in Cambodia?
Nope! The schools want this to be an English immersion experience for the students, so no Khmer spoken in the classroom. However you can opt into the Khmer language course for a small fee if you want to learn some basics.
Can I still participate in the TEFL Cambodia Program if I don’t have any teaching experience?
No worries! The TEFL certification course will prepare you for everything you need to know to successfully teach English as a foreign language, and it will answer any questions you might have about local culture and what to expect in the classroom.
Can I still participate in the TEFL Cambodia Program if I’ve never traveled abroad?
No problem. This program is perfect for the first-time traveling teacher.
How does job placement work?
We’re confident that our training partners can equip you with the skills needed to be successful in finding and succeeding in your teaching role, and also aware that there are more jobs available than teachers to fill them. That said, we ask you to keep an open mind since your job placement could be anywhere in the country (but you can choose from Vietnam or Cambodia!).
- Every application for our TEFL Cambodia program is thoroughly vetted;
- We offer a quality product that is Australian Government accredited and internationally recognized;
- Our course trainers and tutors are qualified, professional educators who know how to equip people with the skills they need to embark on a career path teaching English;
- We have an established network of partner schools and language centers built up over many years working in the TESOL /TEFL sector; and
- Trainees are made aware before they join our program that they have obligations that must be fulfilled – successfully completing the necessary assessment tasks and conducting themselves in a professional manner are just two of these obligations.
How long are the teaching contracts after completing the TEFL course in Cambodia?
Most schools will ask you to commit to at least six months.
How much money can I make as a teacher in Cambodia?
All job placements offer competitive market rates. Most teachers earn between $700 – $1,000 USD per month depending on location and qualifications, which is enough to live in Cambodia.
What if I decide to extend my contract and teach longer in Cambodia?
Assuming you’ve successfully fulfilled your first contract, most schools will be more than happy to have you stay longer!
What is the included accommodation like?
Our partners offer Guest House accommodation within easy walking distance of the training center. Each trainee is allocated their own bedroom and bathroom. Fixtures and fittings in each bedroom include: air conditioning, WIFI, a bed (including bedding), a wardrobe, a desk & a chair. Laundry facilities are readily available.
Do you help with the visa process during the TEFL Cambodia Program?
Yes! We’ll guide you through the appropriate visa process and provide you with the correct documentation to receive your visa.
Can I still apply for the TEFL Cambodia Program if I’m not a native speaker?
Yes, but we do require non-native English speakers to have a bachelor’s degree and to speak, read and write English fluently.
Will I be able to get a job after the TEFL course in Cambodia if I don’t have a degree?
Yes, as long as you’re a native English speaker.
While teaching in Cambodia, will I be the only foreign teacher at my school?
Probably not. Almost all of our placements have at least one other foreign teacher on staff, and some have many. However, even if there aren’t many foreign coworkers at your school, it’s almost guaranteed there will be others at a nearby school or somewhere in the town.
Can I apply to TEFL Cambodia with my friend/spouse/significant other?
Yes! We frequently place friends and couples together. We do our best to get you in the same city if not the same school. Applicants will have to submit their applications together, and each applicant should be sure to notify us of their intention to be placed together.
Is housing included as part of the TEFL Cambodia Program?
Accommodation is included for the duration of the four-week course (26 nights) and after that you can opt to have our partners arrange long-term accommodation for you, or find it on your own. Housing in Cambodia is very affordable.
Will someone be there to pick me up at the airport when I arrive for the TEFL course in Cambodia?
If you pre-arrange for airport pickup ($30) and send us your arrival details, we’ll arrange pickup.
Are flights included and booked for me as part of the TEFL Cambodia Program?
No, flights are not included in the tuition, and you are responsible for arranging your own travel.
Can I teach in the city/province of my choice after completing the TEFL Cambodia course?
You may submit a country preference (Vietnam or Cambodia) and a regional preference (ie north, south, etc.) for a teaching location, but we cannot guarantee that we will be able to honor your request. We work with employers all over the country, and it depends on which schools have a need for teachers at the time of your course graduation.
How will I get paid while teaching in Cambodia?
In most cases, you’ll have help setting up a local bank account with an ATM card, and your monthly checks will be directly deposited. Some schools pay in cash.
Is it easy to send money home from Cambodia?
Yes. Almost any bank can exchange your Cambodian riel or USD into your native currency, and Western Unions are available almost everywhere to send money home. Many teachers send money home to pay student loans and other bills while they’re working in Vietnam, and it’s relatively hassle free.