Want to immerse yourself in China?
The short-term Language Exchange Program in China offers you an affordable way to gain practical teaching experience and a unique, close-up look at Chinese life and culture. You’ll be able to experience the real China by immersing yourself in the local culture, traditions, and cuisine as an au pair with a Chinese host family.
The ultimate exchange
Develop or improve your Chinese (Mandarin) oral and written communication while teaching your native language.
Teach about your cultural customs while learning about theirs.
Learn how to cook traditional Chinese cuisine and teach your host family how to make your favorite dishes.
The world is your classroom
Become a global citizen while exploring if an international career path is for you.
Immerse yourself in Chinese language, culture and lifestyle.
Get all the documentation and help you need to get your visa so you can stay and explore legally for as long as you choose.
Explore like a tourist & live like a local
Live with a local Chinese family, eager to show you their way of life.
Be based in either Beijing or Shanghai where the rest of China is at your doorstep.
Dive into your new country with monthly cultural immersion activities and networking events.
You’ll get all of this:
- Placement with a Chinese host family in Beijing or Shanghai
- Monthly allowance of 1,000 RMB (approx. $150 USD)
- Completion bonus of 1000 RMB per month (excluding the 2-month program)
- Personalized pre-departure and post arrival support
- Homestay accommodation (private room) and all meals
- Required visa documentation and assistance in applying
- 24/7 in-country support from bilingual staff
- Networking events with alumni community
- Paid vacation days
- 6 Mandarin classes per week at a local licensed Mandarin language school, and access to offline Mandarin learning resources
- Monthly cultural activities included in the program, with other program participants
- Airport pickup
- Welcome dinner
- Arrival information pack
- Comprehensive orientation
- An experience that changes lives and lasts forever
Pricing & eligibility
Application fee is $50 USD and everything else is free.
Flight and visa expenses are not included.
Must be a native English speaker or proficient in English from North America, Western Europe, South Africa, or Oceania and eager to learn about Chinese culture.
Must also be between 18-29 years of age and hold a TEFL certificate. Get one online here.
Ready to explore China? Choose a start date & apply today.
You can choose to stay 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 months.
- August 8, 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
**It can take 2-3 months to find you the perfect family.