Learn everything you need to know to teach English from the comfort of your home.
So you’re still employed, or finishing up your bachelor’s degree, but you want to get certified to teach English abroad? Our TEFL course online is designed like a 100-level college course, so you can tack it on to your already busy schedule and chip away at a your training over the course of 11-13 weeks. It’s internationally accredited, with a quality standard unlike any other, making it the best online TEFL course you’ll find. With courses beginning every month, you can easily find a date range that works for you, and plan to finish just in time to apply for your new teaching job overseas.
Quick and simple certification
Learn everything you need to know to start teaching English, part time and in just 11 weeks. Even if you have zero experience.
Receive super personalized attention with a limited number of trainees per class.
Be taught by friendly and experienced trainers who will support you all the way through your teaching career.
Teach actual students during your required student teaching to ensure you are well prepared for your first classes as a TEFL teacher.
The world is your classroom
Gain international recognition when you earn our online TEFL certificate. Certification is accepted everywhere from Europe and Asia, to Latin America, the Middle East and beyond!
Start teaching after graduation with worldwide job placement assistance.
Flexibility that doesn’t lack in quality
All assignments are due on Fridays and Sundays, so you’ll never lose track of deadlines. There are no ‘live’ classroom times, so when you study is up to you.
It’s an interactive TEFL course online so you can contact your professor and classmates at any time via email or discussion groups. Weekly live webcast lectures are available for your optional participation.
You’ll have the unique opportunity to complete a teaching practicum right in your hometown. Don’t worry, help is provided to find a local placement.
I enrolled in globalU’s online TEFL course, and I’m so glad I did…I love my TEFL course — I ended up feeling it was the only affordable option available to me that didn’t sacrifice quality.” ~ Eliza Pennell (USA)
You’ll get all of this:
- 170-hour online TEFL training in 11 weeks including 20 hours of teaching practice
- Help organizing your teaching practicum in your home town
- Highly qualified, experienced instructors
- Live lectures and video demonstrations
- Limited class sizes
- Optional 30-hour / 2-week bonus modules for teaching young learners & business professionals at no extra cost
- All books and course materials
- An internationally recognized certificate upon graduation
- Ongoing support even after you graduate
- Job placement assistance worldwide & for life
We’ve partnered with our friends at International TEFL Academy to offer the best online TEFL course around. You get all of the inclusions for only
$1,399 USD* ONLY $1,195 USD when you register by April 30! OR
6 monthly payments of
$233 $200 USD**!
*We will match any discounts offered by ITA.
**Tuition must be paid in full prior to starting the Online TEFL course
BUT THERE’S MORE!
When you register through globalU, you get the following bonuses:
- A list of 72 schools (and counting) who want to hire you to teach English online so you can live wherever you want
- Waived application fee for our China programs (making them totally free)
- Access to two alumni communities (globalU and ITA) who are teaching all over the world to reach out to for tips and advice abroad
- Weekly updates on TEFL jobs around the world
- Check out our reviews to how we’ve helped others live their dreams
Ready to dive in? Choose a start date & save your seat.
- May 6, 2019 – July 19, 2019
- May 20, 2019 – August 2, 2019
- June 3, 2019 – August 16, 2019
- June 17, 2019 – August 30, 2019
- July 1, 2019 – September 13, 2019
- July 15, 2019 – September 27, 2019
- July 29, 2019 – October 11, 2019
- August 12, 2019 – October 25, 2019
- August 26, 2019 – November 8, 2019
- September 9, 2019 – November 22, 2019
- September 23, 2019 – December 6, 2019
- October 7, 2019 – December 20, 2019
- October 21, 2019 – January 3, 2020
- November 4, 2019 – January 17, 2020
- November 18, 2019 – January 31, 2020
- December 2, 2019 – February 14, 2020
- December 16, 2019 – February 28, 2020
- December 30, 2019 – March 13, 2020
**Courses are limited to 20 enrollees each month
Frequently Asked Questions
What will my schedule be like during the TEFL course online?
The course is a part-time commitment requiring about 8-10 hours per week of your time over the course of 11 weeks. You may also opt for the additional bonus modules, making it 13 weeks in total. You will have assignments due on Fridays, but are otherwise free to work on your own schedule.
Do I qualify to teach English abroad?
As long as you’re fluent in English, 18 years or older and have a high school diploma, then there’s a country for you!
Can I participate in the TEFL course online if I’m a non-native speaker?
As long as you’re fluent, it’s not a problem. You will need to complete a non-native speaker survey to prove English fluency.
Am I eligible for the best online TEFL course if I don’t have any teaching experience?
No worries! The online TEFL course will prepare you for everything you need to know to successfully teach English as a foreign language, and it will answer any questions you might have about local culture and what to expect in the classroom.
Am I eligible for the TEFL course online if I’ve never traveled abroad?
Absolutely. It’s perfect for those who aren’t yet ready to hop on a plane and head overseas. You can learn everything you need to know and get excited about teaching abroad, then have your certification ready to use whenever you are ready to go.
Who teaches the online TEFL course?
All of the teachers are highly qualified (M.A. or higher in a related field) and experienced (at least 10 years) instructors.
Will I be able to find a job teaching English abroad once I’m done with my course?
Though job placement is not guaranteed, every student who follows our professional advice and actively seeks out teaching jobs using our resources will be successful finding work. The TEFL course online comes with lifetime, worldwide job placement assistance, so the team will always help you find work wherever you want to go.
How long are the teaching contracts after the TEFL course online?
That entirely depends on where you want to go and the kinds of jobs you apply for!
I am retired. Am I eligible for the online TEFL course?
Our course is open to candidates over 18 and does not have any maximum age limitation.
What amount of support can I expect as part of the TEFL course online?
After you’re enrolled, we’ll get you set up with your course login information where you’ll meet your instructor and your peers. Your instructor will help you find somewhere local to obtain your teaching practicum hours, and the career center will be there to advise you on your TEFL job search.
Can I apply to the TEFL course online with my friend/spouse/significant other?
Yes of course, as long as you’re both eligible and provided there is still enough availability in the course you’re looking at.