Teach English in Mexico, where the culture is so rich and welcoming you’ll never want to go home.
If you’ve ever had a thing for Mariachi and tequila, you’ll love our TEFL course in Guadalajara, Mexico, which happens to be the birthplace of both. Not only is Mexico famous for music and drink, but also its unique cuisine flavored with poblano and jalapeno peppers, its vibrant use of color, its friendly nature and its pueblos magicos, or magic villages, of which there are over 100 to explore with mouths wide open. To teach English in Mexico is to dip your toe in the magic and come home changed.
Quick and simple certification
Learn everything you need to know to start teaching English abroad in just four weeks. Even if you have zero experience.
Receive super personalized attention with a limited number of trainees per class.
Be taught by friendly and experienced trainers who will support you all the way through your teaching career.
Teach actual students during your required student teaching to ensure you are well prepared for your first classes as a TEFL teacher in Mexico.
The world is your classroom
Gain international recognition when you earn your TEFL certification in Mexico. Certification is accepted everywhere from Mexico and Peru, to Thailand, Spain and beyond!
Start teaching immediately after graduation in a school in Mexico with guaranteed job placement.
Get all the help you need to get your visa and work permit so you can stay and work for as long as you want.
Explore like a tourist & live like a local
Be based in a cultural hotspot of Mexico where the rest of the country is at your doorstep.
Dive into your new country with a free city-walk tour and welcoming ceremony.
This program includes:
- 140-hour TEFL certification training in just four weeks including at least 10 hours of teaching practice
- An internationally recognized certificate upon graduation
- 11 Specialty Certificates on specific TEFL techniques
- Guaranteed job placement in Mexico with full-time salary
- Personalized pre-departure and post arrival support
- Highly qualified, experienced instructors
- Free week of Spanish lessons
- Airport pickup
- Salsa dance classes
- Visa, work permit and housing guidance when you graduate
- All course books & materials
- On the ground support staff 24/7
- Graduation dinner party
- An experience that changes lives and lasts forever
We’ve partnered with our friends at International Teacher Training Organization to offer the highest quality TEFL course in Mexico. You get all of the inclusions for only $1,495 USD ($500 deposit; $995 due 30 days prior to starting the course)
*Register 2+ months in advance and take $200 off. We will match any discount ITTO offers.
BUT THERE’S MORE!
When you register through globalU, you get the following bonuses:
- Personal pre-departure support from someone who’s stood in your shoes
- A list of 72 schools (and counting) who want to hire you to teach English online for extra moolah no matter where you go
- A packing list tailored to your specific teach abroad program
- Access to two alumni communities (globalU and ITTO) who are teaching all over the world to reach out to for tips and advice abroad
- Weekly updates on TEFL jobs around the world
- Check out our reviews to how we’ve helped others live their dreams
Thank you so much for the opportunity to get out here and for holding my hand through it all.” ~ Colleen Spievak (USA)
Ready to teach English in Mexico? Choose a start date and apply today.
- June 29 – July 24
- July 27 – August 21
- August 24 – September 18
- September 21 – October 16
- October 19 – November 13
- November 23 – December 18
**Courses are limited to 20 enrollees each month
Frequently Asked Questions
What will my schedule be like during the TEFL course in Mexico?
Expect a busy schedule Monday – Friday, with class sessions from 9:00am – 6:00pm most days, and 2-3 hours of homework in the evenings. However, your weekends are free to explore on your own.
Do I need to speak Spanish to teach English in Mexico?
Nope! The schools want this to be an English immersion experience for the students, so no Spanish spoken in the classroom. However, as part of the course tuition you will get a free week of Spanish lessons ($230 USD value) so you can learn the basics.
Can I still participate in the TEFL Mexico Program if I don’t have any teaching experience?
No worries! The TEFL certification course will prepare you for everything you need to know to successfully teach English as a foreign language, and it will answer any questions you might have about local culture and what to expect in the classroom.
Can I still participate in the TEFL Mexico Program if I’ve never traveled abroad?
No problem. This program is perfect for the first-time traveling teacher.
How can you guarantee job placement?
We’re confident that our training partners can equip you with the skills needed to be successful in finding and succeeding in your teaching role, and also aware that there are more jobs available than teachers to fill them. You’ll be asked to list your top five preferred locations. In addition, here’s how we can guarantee your job:
- Every application for our TEFL Mexico program is thoroughly vetted;
- We offer a quality product that is accredited and internationally recognized;
- Our course trainers and tutors are qualified, professional educators who know how to equip people with the skills they need to embark on a career path teaching English;
- We have an established network of partner schools and language centers built up over many years working in the TESOL /TEFL sector; and
- Trainees are made aware before they join our program that they have obligations that must be fulfilled – successfully completing the necessary assessment tasks and conducting themselves in a professional manner are just two of these obligations.
How long are the teaching contracts after completing the TEFL course in Mexico?
Most schools will ask you to commit to at least six months.
How much money can I make as a teacher in Mexico?
All job placements offer competitive market rates. Most teachers earn between $500 – $800 USD per month depending on location and qualifications, which is enough to live in Mexico.
What if I decide to extend my contract and teach longer in Mexico?
Assuming you’ve successfully fulfilled your first contract, most schools will be more than happy to have you stay longer!
Do you help with the visa process during the TEFL Mexico Program?
Yes! We’ll guide you through the appropriate visa process and provide you with the correct documentation to receive your visa.
Can I still apply for the TEFL Mexico Program if I’m not a native speaker?
Yes, but we do require non-native English speakers to speak, read and write English fluently.
Will I be able to get a job after the TEFL course in Mexico if I don’t have a degree?
Yes, our partners have successfully places hundreds of non-degreed teachers in Mexico.
While teaching in Mexico, will I be the only foreign teacher at my school?
Probably not. Almost all of our placements have at least one other foreign teacher on staff, and some have many. However, even if there aren’t many foreign coworkers at your school, it’s almost guaranteed there will be others at a nearby school or somewhere in the town.
Can I apply to TEFL Mexico with my friend/spouse/significant other?
Yes! We frequently place friends and couples together. We do our best to get you in the same city if not the same school. Applicants will have to submit their applications together, and each applicant should be sure to notify us of their intention to be placed together.
Is housing included as part of the TEFL Mexico Program?
Accommodation is not included but we will arrange it for you. We have a variety of options, from home stays with vetted families to hotels, hostels or apartments all at very affordable rates.
Will someone be there to pick me up at the airport when I arrive for the TEFL course in Mexico?
Yes! Just send us your arrival details and we’ll arrange pickup.
Are flights included and booked for me as part of the TEFL Mexico Program?
No, flights are not included in the tuition, and you are responsible for arranging your own travel.
Can I teach in the city/province of my choice after completing the TEFL Mexico course?
Yes! We ask that you five location preferences, and we’ll work with you to find a job in those locations.
How will I get paid while teaching in Mexico?
In most cases, you’ll have help setting up a local bank account with an ATM card, and your monthly checks will be directly deposited. Some schools pay by check.
Is it easy to send money home from Mexico?
Yes. Almost any bank can exchange your Mexican pesos into your native currency, and banks and Western Unions are available almost everywhere to send money home.