If a rich culture, gorgeous landscapes, ample job opportunity and generous salaries sound inviting, then the Vietnam TEFL Program is for you.
Imagine a coastline extending the length of a country, with beautiful and varied beaches lining the shore for 2,030 miles. Picture lush mountains dotted with culture-rich hill-tribe villages coupled with sprawling, metropolitan cities. Think of streets lined with fresh fruit stands and banh mi sandwiches, with smiling locals and buzzing motorcycles. Can you see yourself living here? If so, teaching English in Vietnam is your answer.
Quick and simple certification
Learn everything you need to know to start teaching English abroad in just four weeks. Even if you have zero experience.
Receive super personalized attention with a limited number of trainees per class.
Be taught by friendly and experienced trainers who will support you all the way through your teaching career.
Teach actual students during your required student teaching to ensure you are well prepared for your first classes as a TEFL teacher in Vietnam.
The world is your classroom
Gain international recognition when you earn your TEFL certification in Vietnam. Certification is accepted everywhere from Vietnam and Thailand, to Guatemala, Spain and beyond!
Start teaching immediately after graduation in a school in Vietnam with guaranteed job placement.
Get all the help you need to get your visa and work permit so you can stay and work for as long as you want.
Explore like a tourist & live like a local
Be based in a cultural hotspot of Vietnam where the rest of Southeast Asia is at your doorstep.
Dive into your new country with a free city tour and welcome party.
You get all of this:
- 150-hour TEFL certification training in just four weeks including at least 20 hours of teaching practice
- Guaranteed job placement in Vietnam or Cambodia
- Personalized pre-departure and post arrival support
- Complimentary accommodation for 26 nights
- Highly qualified, experienced instructors
- Add on options available: airport pickup, motorbike hire, laptop hire, Vietnamese language lessons, extra accommodation arrangements
- Welcome dinner & drinks
- Help setting up a local bank account
- Visa, work permit and housing guidance
- All course books & materials
- On the ground support staff 24/7
- Free city tour
- Help obtaining health/travel insurance
- An internationally recognized certificate approved and verified by the Australian government (AQF)
- An experience that changes lives and lasts forever
We’ve partnered with our friends at AVSE to offer the highest quality TEFL courses in Vietnam. You get all of the inclusions for only $1,749 USD*
6 monthly payments of $292 USD**!
*We will match any discount AVSE offers.
**Tuition must be paid in full prior to starting the Vietnam TEFL course
BUT THERE’S MORE!
When you register through globalU, you get the following bonuses:
- Personal pre-departure support from someone who’s stood in your shoes
- A list of 72 schools (and counting) who want to hire you to teach English online for extra moolah no matter where you go
- A packing list tailored to your specific teach abroad program
- Waived application fee for our China programs (making them totally free)
- Access to two alumni communities (globalU and AVSE) who are teaching all over the world to reach out to for tips and advice abroad
- Weekly updates on TEFL jobs around the world
- Check out our reviews to how we’ve helped others live their dreams
Thank you so much for the opportunity to get out here and for holding my hand through it all.” ~ Colleen Spievak (USA)
- September 7 – October 2
- October 5 – October 30
- November 2 – November 27
- November 30 – December 25
- December 28 – January 15 (2020)
- (19 days intensive course, offering a reduction of US $100.00 from the usual course fee)
- February 8 – March 4
- March 7 – April 1
- April 4 – April 29
- May 2 – May 27
- May 30 – June 24
- June 27 – July 22
- July 25 – August 19
- August 22 – September 16
- September 19 – October 14
- October 17 – November 11
- November 14 – December 9
- December 12 – January 6 (2021)
- (19 days intensive course, offering a reduction of US $100.00 from the usual course fee)
**Courses are limited to 17 enrollees each month
Ready to dive in? Start by choosing a location. We know…this is probably the hardest part.
If you want all the culture of Vietnam but on a smaller scale than Ho Chi Minh, the capital city of Hanoi is the perfect places to wander through Old Town’s narrow alleyways stuffed with goods from the cheap to the outlandish; or stroll through one of its many parks; or sip a wonderfully sweet Vietnamese coffee at a sidewalk cafe while you watch the motorbikes bend and weave through people and traffic in a never-ending whirl of chaos. It’s full of historical sites and opportunity, welcoming locals and tourists from around the world.
**Courses are limited to 12 enrollees each month
Ho Chi Minh City (South)
Ho Chi Minh City may have given birth to the term “hustle bustle,” and it does it well. It’s a metropolis spread over waterways with a perfect blend of old and new: dilapidated waterfront housing amidst modern skyrise buildings; narrow, wandering alleyways and big freeways; delectable street carts (or bikes!) in front of five-star restaurants; street-stall shopping among fancy boutiques. No matter what you’re looking for — rich culture, friendly locals, incredible cuisine, teaching jobs galore — you’ll find it here.
**Courses are limited to 16 enrollees each month
Frequently Asked Questions
What will my schedule be like during the TEFL course in Vietnam?
Expect a busy schedule Monday – Friday, with class sessions from 8:30am – 3:00pm most days, and 2-3 hours of homework in the evenings. The final week will be reserved for your practicum (at least 20 hours of observation and teaching practice). However, your weekends are free to explore on your own.
Do I need to speak Vietnamese to teach English in Vietnam?
Nope! The schools want this to be an English immersion experience for the students, so no Vietnamese spoken in the classroom. However you can opt into the Vietnamese language course for a small fee if you want to learn some basics.
Can I still participate in the TEFL Vietnam Program if I don’t have any teaching experience?
No worries! The TEFL certification course will prepare you for everything you need to know to successfully teach English as a foreign language, and it will answer any questions you might have about local culture and what to expect in the classroom.
Can I still participate in the TEFL Vietnam Program if I’ve never traveled abroad?
No problem. This program is perfect for the first-time traveling teacher.
How can you guarantee job placement?
We’re confident that our training partners can equip you with the skills needed to be successful in finding and succeeding in your teaching role, and also aware that there are more jobs available than teachers to fill them. That said, we ask you to keep an open mind since your job placement could be anywhere in the country (but you can choose from Vietnam or Cambodia!).
- Every application for our TEFL Vietnam program is thoroughly vetted;
- We offer a quality product that is Australian Government accredited and internationally recognized;
- Our course trainers and tutors are qualified, professional educators who know how to equip people with the skills they need to embark on a career path teaching English;
- We have an established network of partner schools and language centers built up over many years working in the TESOL /TEFL sector; and
- Trainees are made aware before they join our program that they have obligations that must be fulfilled – successfully completing the necessary assessment tasks and conducting themselves in a professional manner are just two of these obligations.
How long are the teaching contracts after completing the TEFL course in Vietnam?
Most schools will ask you to commit to at least six months.
How much money can I make as a teacher in Vietnam?
All job placements offer competitive market rates. Most teachers earn between $1,000 – $2,000 USD per month depending on location and qualifications, which is enough to live comfortably in Vietnam.
What if I decide to extend my contract and teach longer in Vietnam?
Assuming you’ve successfully fulfilled your first contract, most schools will be more than happy to have you stay longer!
What is the provided accommodation like?
Our partners offer accommodation in residential properties and local hotels within easy walking distance of the training centers. Each trainee is allocated their own bedroom and bathroom. Fixtures and fittings in each bedroom include: air conditioning, WiFi, a bed (including bedding), a wardrobe, a desk & a chair. Laundry facilities are readily available.
Cooking facilities are available in our residential properties in HCMC, but not in the local hotels.
Do you help with the visa process during the TEFL Vietnam Program?
Yes! We’ll guide you through the appropriate visa process and provide you with the correct documentation to receive your visa.
Can I still apply for the TEFL Vietnam Program if I’m not a native speaker?
Yes, but we do require non-native English speakers to have a bachelor’s degree and to speak, read and write English fluently.
Will I be able to get a job after the TEFL course in Vietnam if I don’t have a degree?
Yes, as long as you’re a native English speaker.
While teaching in Vietnam, will I be the only foreign teacher at my school?
Probably not. Almost all of our placements have at least one other foreign teacher on staff, and some have many. However, even if there aren’t many foreign coworkers at your school, it’s almost guaranteed there will be others at a nearby school or somewhere in the town.
Can I apply to TEFL Vietnam with my friend/spouse/significant other?
Yes! We frequently place friends and couples together. We do our best to get you in the same city if not the same school. Applicants will have to submit their applications together, and each applicant should be sure to notify us of their intention to be placed together.
Is housing included as part of the TEFL Vietnam Program?
Accommodation is included for the duration of the four-week course (26 nights) and after that you can opt to have our partners arrange long-term accommodation for you, or find it on your own. Housing in Vietnam is very affordable.
Will someone be there to pick me up at the airport when I arrive for the TEFL course in Vietnam?
If you pre-arrange for airport pickup ($30) and send us your arrival details, we’ll arrange pickup.
Are flights included and booked for me as part of the TEFL Vietnam Program?
No, flights are not included in the tuition, and you are responsible for arranging your own travel.
Can I teach in the city/province of my choice after completing the TEFL Vietnam course?
You may submit a country preference (Vietnam or Cambodia) and a regional preference (ie north, south, etc.) for a teaching location, but we cannot guarantee that we will be able to honor your request. We work with employers all over the country, and it depends on which schools have a need for teachers at the time of your course graduation.
How will I get paid while teaching in Vietnam?
In most cases, you’ll have help setting up a local bank account with an ATM card, and your monthly checks will be directly deposited. Some schools pay in cash.
Is it easy to send money home from Vietnam?
Yes. Almost any bank can exchange your Vietnamese dong into your native currency, and Western Unions are available almost everywhere to send money home. Many teachers send money home to pay student loans and other bills while they’re working in Vietnam, and it’s relatively hassle free.